BeeKeeper Lite Mobile Apps
This app is free to download, free to use and is available from both the iOS and Android App Stores, there are no costs involved by using these apps, there are adverts to help recover the cost of development and cover ongoing maintenance costs. The Tabs below correspond to each screen that can be seen in the apps and with an explanation of what each screen is used for and how to complete it.
After starting the App you will be presented with this screen, from here you can move to the three separate areas of this Lite App.
- Show Info Tables
- The main feature of the App, this button will first open up the Sites Table, for more details on this screen click the Tab above. Be aware that the first time you click the button, there will be no data presented, simply an empty table for you too populate with your data.
- Show Locations
- If this is the first time you have clicked this button, or you have not previously pressed the Read Me button located top right of the screen, you will be presented with an alert providing a disclaimer that ensures you understand the risks of locating your Sites and Hives with GPS. Depending on your answer will depend on the App allowing you to save the location of your Sites and Hives. If the button is no longer visible then you have previously understood the risks and the disclaimer will not be displayed again.
- Move a Hive
- The ability to move a Hive from Site to Site was a commonly requested upgrade to the App, this allows all details of a Hive to be transferred to another Site within your App Dataset.
- JSON Data Functions
- This feature allows the creation and export of the stored data in the app as a JSON file. Along with the data export feature is the option to select some or all of the photos associated with the data. Once you have decided on what to export, the feature asks for an email address to send the backup to. Exporting does not delete the data, you can still keep the data on the device if you require. We currently do not offer the ability to put the data back into the app.
- About Artisan Honey
- This button provides a simple web page, detailing information about the Artisan Honey Company, and its owner, Simon Croson, an avid BeeKeeper with years of experience. The idea for this App was first devised by Simon with the help of Andrew Jackson, owner of Interneers Ltd a Web Hosting Company that has provided low cost and scalable web services for over 10 years. Click on their links for more information about the companies and people behind this App.